You know what’s not fun? Packing. Packing is not fun. And I have to pack for three months. THREE MONTHS! I already shipped half my stuff over, and I swear the postal system BETTER NOT lose my package because I shipped my favorite pair of black boots. Okay okay, they’re my only pair of black boots. But they’re still my favorite!
Anyway, I feel like everything is bursting at the seams. Myself included. I’m torn between wanting my flight day to come as soon as possible, and wanting just a bit more time to spend with family and loved ones. But time is fickle, and will come como le pegue la gana.
Also, I have to worry about packing my suitcase. Now THAT is going to burst at the seams. The last time I went to the Netherlands my suitcase weighed like I had a baby elephant in there. I even had to pay €85 due to my bag being over the weight limit. And before you ask, yes I needed all 5 pairs of shoes.
This time around I have to make sure it’s considerably lighter, hence the shipping of articles beforehand, because Marcel is NOT going to take up a 24kg+ suitcase up 3 flights of stairs.
So in honor of my upcoming (inevitable) packing fiasco, here are some rules and advice about packing:
- Make sure you put your shoes in your boyfriend’s suitcase, because trust me, his will weigh a whole lot less than yours.
- Do. Not. Forget. your toothbrush.
- Pack any essentials (medicine, documents, lipstick, etc.) in your carry on, just in cases.
- Tie a ribbon to your luggage so you can find it easier on the loopty loop. Or just buy wicked luggage that won’t get confused for anyone else’s, like mine.
- Buy a toothbrush at your destination. Because you will forget it.
And now… some serious packing.
Inspired by LDR Blogs.